Swift (1893)
Scroll Down
By The Numbers
0
Built
0
Sank
0
Lives Lost
0
Depth (ft)
 
 
Service History


"The Swift was originally built as the Wotan and used in her early days to tow the Ogarita, Connelly Bothers, and F.B. Gardner in the lumber trade. Later on, she was in the pulpwood trade from Lake Superior to Green Bay. In 1929 or 1930, she was renamed Swift and fitted with 2 each 45 foot booms. She also had her boiler replaced at one point."
Final Voyage


"The Swift was laid up in the bone yard at Sturgeon Bay in 1933 or 1934, and on Dec. 3, 1935, she was burned and reported a total loss"
 
Map
Confirmed Location     Unconfirmed location
 
Nearby
© 2017 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society