Wilke Memorial Park
Gallery
img
Wilke Memorial Park
img
Water Turbine Wheel at Wilke Memorial Park
 
Attraction
Description
Osceola Falls a lumber mill as first established in 1855 and a flour mill in 1854. Became a stop for excusion boats on the St. Croix River during the 1880s. Historic marker reads: 'First settled by William Kent in 1844 when he came looking for lumber for ship masts. Built a lumber mill powered by Osceola Creek. Other industries followed along with a flour mill in 1852. First called Leroy in honor of Leroy Hubbard the first white man to die here. Later changed to Osceola Mills and finally around 1900 to Osceola after the Indian chief and the first boat built in the St. Croix Valley.'
 
Map
 
Nearby
© 2026 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society