Roving Star (1881)
Scroll Down
By The Numbers
0
Built
0
Sank
0
Lives Lost
0
Depth (ft)
 
 
Service History

"The Roving Star was built at Egg Harbor in 1881, and was capable of carrying about thirty cords of wood. She was owned by Chris Braunsdorf of Clay Banks, who purchased her from Menominee parties some time ago."
Final Voyage

"While loading wood at the pier at Clay Banks, the scow Roving Star pounded heavily on the bottom when a heavy wind and sea came up and broke the hull in two. Both the scow and her cargo of wood were a total loss."
Today

Remnants of this craft are probably part of the significant debris field off the mouth of Bear Creek.
 
Nearby
© 2018 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society