The Richard Mott
was a wooden bulk freight schooner barge with a capacity of 320,000 board feet of lumber or 475 gross tons of iron ore, depending upon which trade it was engaged.
"After 1866, or before that, she had been owned on Lake Michigan, mostly at Chicago, also Kewaunee and Sturgeon Bay, in the lumber trade.
IN 1910 she was owned by Wisconsin Land and Lumber Co., Blaney, Michigan, and her last owners in 1915 were Sturgeon Bay Stone Co., Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, and was last used to carry stone, probably since 1911.
From 1911 to 1915, the U.S. classed her as a barge."
"The Richard Mott
was abandoned in 1916 at Green Bay due to age and poor hull condition."