"In the winter of 1864-1865 the side-wheel steamer Northwestern
was built at Winneconne by Captain John Lynch, Ruben Doud and Tom Wall. She was placed on the route between Oshkosh and New London under the command of Captain Jack Anson and continued in that trade until she was abandoned in the fall of 1883."
"Gard (1973:37) reports the Northwestern
ending up stuck in the shallows of the Wolf River at Orihula, some 8 miles below Fremont, where for many years the wreck was visible in the shallows of Wolf River. HWC(p599) reports her as abandonded in 1883."