Nellie (1894)
Scroll Down
By The Numbers
0
Built
0
Sank
0
Lives Lost
0
Depth (ft)
 
 
Service History

The small schooner Nellie was used in the coastline trade along Door County and was of local importance and usefulness. The vessel was built at Washington Island by C.E. Lovig in 1894 and her official registry number was 204646.

"Capt. E. E. Lovig, of Washington Island, owns and commands the little schooner Nellie with which he handles produce during the summer season." Door County Democrat April 18,1908.

Last Document of Enrollment Surrendered: Milwaukee: 07/12/1910: "Abandoned".
Final Voyage

"During the northerly blow of the night on the 3rd of November, 1908, the small schooner Nellie, owned by Capt. Magnus Johnson, was driven in Washington Harbor and seriously damaged. She was laden with 400 bushels of potatoes, but the cargo was saved without having sustained any serious damage. This is quite a severe loss to the owner. The craft had been used in the coast wise trade, and was a very handy boat." The Advocate November 12,1908.
 
Nearby
© 2019 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society