Madonna (1871)
Scroll Down
By The Numbers
0
Built
0
Sank
0
Lives Lost
0
Depth (ft)
 
 
Service History

The two masted wooden schooner Madonna was built in 1871 by William Aylward in Milwaukee.
The Madonna was owned by Ole Christianson who used the schooner to transport wood from a lumber camp owned by Christianson and Bo Anderson to various cities all the way to Chicago.

Last Document of Enrollment Surrendered: Milwaukee: 5/27/1914:"Dismantled & Abandoned"
Final Voyage

The Madonna was dismantled and abandoned by Ole Christiansen in Detroit Harbor, Door County just off the south end of the main road on Washington island. The cabin was later taken ashore by Captain Ole Christiansen to be used as a work shop. The hull was burned to obtain the iron.
 
Nearby
© 2018 - Wisconsin Sea Grant, Wisconsin Historical Society